San Daniele Italian Eatery: Bust or trust?

Ishana Sharma
New restaurant San Daniele provides both indoor and outdoor seating to its customers. San Daniele opened in Coppell on Aug. 28, giving a taste of Italy to Coppell residents. (Ishana Sharma)

The secret recipe for a good restaurant: a conscious staff, a cozy building and little wait time. What more could you want? A new restaurant has recently cracked this secret recipe and taken the hearts of many in Coppell. The culprit? San Daniele Italian Eatery.

Located on 110 W. Sandy Lake Road, Unit 150 in Coppell, San Daniele Italian Eatery is a restaurant that recently opened on Aug. 18. 

According to San Daniele Italian Eatery bar manager Angie Joseph, San Daniele is the name of a small town in Italy known for making some of the best bruschetta.

The first floor of the restaurant is split into three sections: main floor, bar and outdoor patio. The lighting inside the building is more reserved, having a perfectly dim lit light hanging over most tables. While the second floor, or the Lupo Lounge is a more intimate, and ‘party side’ of the restaurant compared to the downstairs sections.

The staff is also attentive to customers, not having to wait long periods of time before you can order or get your bill at the end of the night. They are accommodating and friendly. 

The menu is a good medium size to not overwhelm newcomers, but also offering returning customers new options each time they come. The whole restaurant is very well put together thanks to the restaurant’s managers and owner.

Joseph has been employed since the local restaurant opened, and has experience with the owner Todd Kerr, who also owns J. Macklin’s Grill, a restaurant not far from San Daniele Italian Eatery.  Although she’s only been with San Daniele Italian Eatery for less than two months, she has worked with Kerr since 2019.

“[Kerr] is a great owner, someone I love to work with,” Joseph said.

Not only is the management friendly and welcoming, the staff holds the same energy, waiter Evan Campbell is a great example of this. He has only been working at the restaurant for two weeks, but he knows how to put on a show. As we watched and talked to him he was friendly, and excitable Easily able to keep your attention. Friendly and polite he knew how to make the customers’ nights.

It is not hard to see or imagine the residents of Coppell wanting a taste at this new restaurant, with such dedicated workers, a nice, warm welcoming environment and stunning options to choose and pick from. San Daniele Italian Eatery feels like it is going to be a welcome addition to many Coppell staple restaurants.

Follow @CHSCampusNews on X.