Spanish Club celebrates Dia de Los Muertos

by Divya Kumar
News Editor

As part of their annual Dia de Los Muertos celebration, the Coppell High School Spanish club plans to host a party tomorrow afterschool during their meeting. While the first few minutes will be devoted to club business, the rest of the club will be host to a more light-hearted atmosphere, where members will celebrate the upcoming of the Mexican holiday.

Before the party officially starts, officers plan on discussing a new holiday fundraiser, voting on T-shirt designs and talking about service projects they will be completing during the duration of the year, all over Ole’s chips, salsa and queso. Members will also be paying their $15 dollar dues, which includes the club T-shirt, and voting on historian and freshman representative.

Once official business is complete, the party begins. Students who attend will have the ability to paint small skulls, since Dia de Los Muertos is a holiday celebrating the dead, as well as create “pica de papel” decorations. All of the crafts that club members create will be later showcased in the main hallway on November 1st, the official day of the holiday.

Students who are interested in learning more about the holiday, joining the club or just coming to participate in the party have the ability to tomorrow afterschool in D213, Mrs. Mccoy’s room. While not every meeting will be as lighthearted as this one, fun events are planned for the duration of the year, such as food-tasting, scavenger hunts and community service, and the promise of food will always be readily available. Students do not need a background in the Spanish language to join the club or enjoy any of the events that it does. For more information, email sponsor Ashley Attanucci ([email protected]) or sponsor Emily McCoy ([email protected]).