PSAT just around the corner

By Madison Ford

For Coppell High School juniors, the year of those dreaded standardized tests has arrived. On Wednesday, many will take the first test that will carry significance for their college career: the PSATs.

While the PSATs are not a huge determining factor in college acceptance, it can definitely assist students in paying for college and appearing desirable to admissions if their scores qualify them for a National Merit Scholarship.

I think the anxiety about the upcoming PSAT is just a preview for what I, as well as my fellow juniors, will be experiencing throughout the year. Many say that academically, junior year is the most important. This is a thought I agree with thoroughly. Thoughts are constantly running through my head, “Did I take the right classes?” “Are the classes I am taking a high enough level?” “Have I prepared myself enough for the SATs, PSAT, and ACTs?” The concern is never ending. On top of this, one must be sure to maintain a good grade point average.

Yes, so much rides on how well we do junior year. Not everything, but a lot. The approaching PSAT hits me with the realization that junior year has truly begun. So to all you juniors out there, good luck, and here we go.