Minori Kunte

Coppell High School junior Stella Chancellor has been elected as the 2023-24 Student Council president. Chancellor plans for the officers to take initiative and advance in their own projects for the upcoming year.

President: Stella Chancellor

Coppell High School junior Stella Chancellor is the 2023-34 Student Council President. Chancellor has been the class vice president since her freshman year, is a member of the Red Jackets and is a member of the Eco club.

What are the roles of the president?

The president mostly is the leader of student council. I speak at meetings and important events. I also collaborate with the rest of the leadership team and am the representative for student council as a whole along with the senior class president.

What about the role of president interests you?

I got to high school and realized I could run for something, so I tried and I ended up getting it. I was vice president for three years, and this year nobody was running for president so I decided to. I wanted to speak at graduation and I liked the idea of being the head of it all.

What do you admire about the current leadership?

We were able to form good friendships that allowed us to work well with each other. It wasn’t awkward, and we had a really good bond between everyone who was an officer.

What do you want to build on in the coming year?

I want the officers to have a more in depth role, right now we kind of do what [Student Council sponsor] Benjamin Stroud says. I want us to take initiative and advance our own projects, that’d be really cool.

What does it mean to you to be a senior and president?

I don’t think it has really hit me yet, but it’s going to be a very busy year. I’m going to have a lot to do, but I’m really excited to do all of our things like planning homecoming and planning prom. I can’t wait to see all of our hard work get put into action and at the end of the year see everyone at graduation.

Is student council related to something you want to do in the future?

One section of our goals that we have to meet is called energy and environment and I find those things interesting. At the end of the year we have to fill out what we did for that section and sometimes we collaborate with Eco Club or other clubs so it does relate a little bit.

Do you feel like student council has helped you grow as a person?

It has allowed me to be able to collaborate with people with all different viewpoints and be more understanding and cooperative when working in a group and making decisions.

Follow Nyah (@nyah_rama) and @CHSCampusNews on Twitter.