Tackett shining spotlight on underclassmen through courtesy

Ainsley Dwyer

Coppell High School senior Trinity Tackett sings “Maybe This Time” from “Cabaret” during the Senior Showcase on Sunday in the CHS Black Box Theatre. Throughout her senior year, Tackett has been inclusive and welcoming to underclassmen new to high school theater.

Ainsley Dwyer, Staff Writer

With a bright stage light on her face, Coppell High School senior Trinity Tackett sings center stage during the Coppell Theatre Company’s production of “Mamma Mia!” 

Soaking in the moments of her final musical at CHS, Tackett’s vocals carried across the stage  as the actors backstage gathered to look through the wing and watch in awe. Appreciation for her talent floods through the audience, the long lasting impact of her performance settling in their widened eyes.

During her senior year, Tackett has made it her mission to work hard and leave an impact in her final year at CHS. After landing her first musical lead role at CHS as Donna Sheridan in the production of “Mamma Mia!” Tackett found an opportunity to use her important role in the musical to connect with people who were new to high school theater.

“I wanted to create a trusting environment, and the ability to be an outlet for everyone to feel comfortable talking to,” Tackett said. “I wanted to diversify things with the opportunity I got in the musical this year as the lead to be an example; it had an impact, especially since I had such a significant role in our theater department this year.”

Tackett, along with the entire theater department, spent the past school year getting to know the new directors, acting director Lisa Stucker and technical director Grace Hellyer. 

Over the course of the school year, the directors have watched Tackett develop the skills of a mature woman and actress.

“Being inclusive of underclassmen is something I’ve talked to some of the seniors about before they graduate,” Stucker said. “[Tackett] does a really good job at this and talks to everybody, making everyone feel included, it is one thing I really love about her.”

Tackett began her acting career eight years ago, by becoming involved in shows with the North Texas Performing Arts nonprofit organization with kids from other schools who also have a major devotion for theater.

“My freshman year was my first year at Coppell,” Tackett said. “I had gone to Prince of Peace Catholic School in Plano my whole life and when I first moved to this whole new area, I remember wanting to do theater so badly because I heard the program at CHS was really good.”

After not landing a role in her first year during the very competitive production of “Newsies,” the ability for Tackett to get to know any of the upperclassmen and connect with them slimmed along with being at a different campus. 

“Even if we were in a show it would still feel like we were overlooked and not very seen by the upperclassmen,” Tackett said. “What was super important for me this year was that I would talk to the freshman if I was given the opportunity. I wanted to connect with the freshman as well to make sure they all felt included and were getting a good idea of what their experience should be.”

Through her four years of experience in the Coppell Theatre Company, Tackett has been working hard towards success and makes sure she lets everyone know that she did not get there alone and that her peers/directors in the program have helped her get where she is so far in her career. 

“[Tackett] is so helpful to freshmen and sophomores,” Coppell senior Drama Club co-president Reagann Stolar said. “She directed one of the mock-UIL shows and is now directing ‘Peter and the Starcatcher,’ so she is very well known in the CHS9 theater class. She has such a passion for theater and she wants to share with everyone around her in any way she can.”

Follow @CHSCampusNews and Ainsley (@ainsleydwyer) on Twitter.