Cowboys ride offensive surge to victory in 69-58 win over Plano West

Coppell+freshman+forward+Sibu+Socks+drives+to+the+basket+against+Plano+West+on+Friday+at+CHS+Arena.+Coppell+defeated+Plano+West%2C+69-58.+Photo+by+Angelina+Liu+

Angelina Liu

Coppell freshman forward Sibu Socks drives to the basket against Plano West on Friday at CHS Arena. Coppell defeated Plano West, 69-58. Photo by Angelina Liu

Nyah Rama, Staff Writer

On Friday night, the Coppell boys basketball team took on Plano West in a show of offensive dominance resulting in a 69-58 win at the CHS Arena.

The first half started off strong with an offensive surge resulting in seven 3-pointers from junior guard Alex Tung and junior forward Arhan Lapsiwala.

Coppell freshman forward Sibu Socks scores against Plano West on Friday at CHS Arena. Coppell defeated Plano West, 69-58. Photo by Angelina Liu (Angelina Liu)

In the third quarter, the Cowboys seemed unstoppable on offense. Almost every possession resulted in a score and there were back to back 3-pointers from senior forward Alex Ninan which ignited the crowd leading to multiple chants of “It’s Ninan time!”

The Cowboys finished strong and will look to make a playoff push as the finish district 6-6A play on Tuesday against Flower Mound Marcus.

“It feels great,” junior center Baron Tipton said. “We just have one more to go to have a shot at playoffs, we dominated on offense, we just need to clean up the mistakes and the little things.”

Follow Nyah Rama (@nyah_rama) and @CHSCampusNews on Twitter.