Plano East offense proves to be too much for Cowboys in 79-68 loss

Tvisha Jindal

Sophomore guard James Faison in the middle of it during a back and forth 3rd quarter. Coppell lost 79-68 to Plano East at the CHS Arena this Tuesday.

Nyah Rama, Staff Writer

On Tuesday night the Coppell boys basketball team took on Plano East in a tough loss of 79-68.

The first half went much smoother compared to Friday’s game with a low number of fouls (Cowboys with five and Plano East with four) and the Cowboys were able to keep it at a comfortable scoring difference, only down by two points with a score of 32-30 in favor of Plano East.

Coming back into the game, the third quarter was a strong one with 3-pointers from senior Forward Alex Ninan, junior Guard Alex Tung, junior Forward Arhan Lapsiwala and junior Guard Gabe Pehl with an assist from sophomore Guard James Faison bringing the score to 48-46 in favor of Plano East.

In a fourth quarter surge, Plano East scored 31 more points as the Cowboys fought to keep the game in hand but ultimately lost to the Panthers.

“We didn’t do well in transition,” junior guard Graham Finklea said. “We couldn’t stop the ball and kept getting blown by and it really killed our energy and drive to win the game.”

Tonight, Coppell takes on Plano and will definitely be looking to clean some things up.

“Defense, we gave up almost 80 points defensively and that’s just unacceptable.” Ninan said. “Going back to Friday we’ve given up 60 and 80 in our last two games, we need to defend better and offensively not turn the ball over so much.”

Follow Nyah Rama (@nyah_rama) and @CHSCampusNews on Twitter.