Sangani weaving passion for art, business together in internship

Coppell+High+School+junior+Siya+Sangani+designs+social+media+posts+on+Canva+for+DiLucci+CPA+Firm.+Sangani+makes+Instagram%2C+Twitter+and+Facebook+posts+and+has+been+an+intern+for+DiLucci+CPA+Firm+since+May.+

Nandini Muresh

Coppell High School junior Siya Sangani designs social media posts on Canva for DiLucci CPA Firm. Sangani makes Instagram, Twitter and Facebook posts and has been an intern for DiLucci CPA Firm since May.

Manasa Mohan, Advertising and Circulation Manager

The computer buzzes as she finishes up her design and prepares the infographic to be exported. Yet another infographic complete, ready to publish on social media. 

This is a constant process for Coppell High School junior Siya Sangani, a social media intern for DiLucci, a certified public accounting firm. As a member of DECA since ninth grade and involved in art since first grade, Sangani intertwines her passion for business with art in her internship by creating infographics for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. 

Sangani was an International Career Development Conference [ICDC] competitor in the personal financial literacy category for DECA in April. After competing in ICDC, CHS DECA adviser Richard Chamberlain reached out to competitors and offered them several internship opportunities, one of which was the DiLucci CPA social media internship position. Sangani quickly took interest in this position, scheduled an interview and became the firm’s new social media intern in May. 

“She’s very motivated for the right reasons in terms of creating quality work not for the extrinsic reward, but for more so her own pride and her own enjoyment of the creative process and the artistic ‘create from nothing’ aesthetic that happens with social media,” Chamberlain said. “She’s very well spoken and takes instruction well and that’s a key when you work at a lower level internship. ” 

Sangani works with the firm to create anywhere from two or three informational posts per week with a main focus on policy changes about tax resolutions or business tax information. Using her skills and background experience in art, Sangani thoroughly enjoys being able to weave these two interests together. 

“I enjoy this internship significantly more because of my art experience because I have creative license over whatever I produce and I’m able to tie in a lot of aesthetic purposes through my color decision making, graphic design and seeing how I can transform art and graphics into content of business,” Sangani said. “It makes my work a lot more enjoyable because otherwise it would feel like I’m just researching something and putting information out there.”

“She’s very motivated for the right reasons in terms of creating quality work not for the extrinsic reward, but for more so her own pride and her own enjoyment of the creative process and the artistic ‘create from nothing’ aesthetic that happens with social media.”

— CHS Marketing Teacher and DECA Adviser Richard Chamberlain

In addition to her love for art and business, Sangani is an avid debater and has competed since seventh grade where she competed in a team policy event in the DFW Speech and Debate Organization. In ninth grade, Sangani joined the Coppell speech and debate team and competes in Lincoln-Douglas debate. Her enjoyment of debate stems from the relationships she has built over the years, the ability to research current events and policies and to look at history as a whole. 

“Any debater can regurgitate arguments, however, good debaters are able to be creative,” CHS debate teacher SunHee Simon said. “It’s not surprising that she’s not only good at things like debate, but also art because she is able to be creative in the things she thinks about and how she decides to convey them. I’m sure [that creativity] helps her with how she makes [designs that] visually represent the [information] she is trying to go for. All of those things go hand in hand and they all relate back to creativity and communication.”

Using her knowledge of debate and worldly issues, Sangani, along with three other debaters, founded the Youth Politics Collective, a non-CHS affiliated student club fostering discussion about political issues and host voting drives. Using an application process, the YPC works to ensure that all political opinions are accounted for in their club, allows members to explore what politics can do for them and encourages advocating for political involvement. 

“She’s very passionate about business and works really hard at what she does and for art, she has won multiple competitions and has competed in [Virtual Arts Scholastic Event] every year,” CHS junior Youth Politics Collective co-founder Hunniya Ahmad said. “She is one of those hardworking and dependable people who if she says she is going to do something, she’s going to end up doing it. She’s very well-versed in what people want nowadays which makes her good for a social media internship because she understands trends and how to use social media to put information out there.”

Follow @Manasa_Mohan_7 and @CHSCampusNews on Twitter.