Gold Level Sports & Entertainment’s The Battle Basketball Showcase coming to Coppell in November

Photo courtesy Gold Level Sports & Entertainment INC™

Coppell senior small forward Ryan Agarwal headlines for the Cowboys in The Battle on Nov. 12 at the Coppell High School Arena. The Battle will feature some of the top prospects in the nation and highlights basketball programs from across the nation.

Meer Mahfuz, Staff Writer

On Nov. 12, some of the nation’s top basketball programs and prospects will make their way to the Coppell High School Arena to partake in The Battle Basketball Showcase, presented by Gold Level Sports & Entertainment.

Hosted at the CHS Arena, Gold Level Sports & Entertainment has partnered with NBC Sports to provide three nationally televised games. Games 1 and 3 will be broadcasted on NBCSN and all games will be streamed on Peacock. Coppell will play Vertical Academy from North Carolina at 4:30 p.m. to headline the event. Following will be McKinney playing against San Antonio Wagner at 6:30 p.m. Link Academy from Missouri will play Donda Academy from California to close off the event at 8:30 p.m.

“It is really special that we are getting to host it, it speaks volumes about the facilities we have, about ability for us to host something like this and about the level of play as well as  talented players we’ve had at Coppell to have the opportunity to be part of this,” Coppell coach Clint Schnell said. “With the teams that are being brought in and the talent they have, it’s a special showcase for high school basketball; the fact that it’s going to be at Coppell with our team in it makes it even more fun.”

According to Coppell Athletic Director Kit Pehl, tickets will be aggressively advertised until all 1,972 seats in the CHS Arena are sold out. Any ticket purchased will be good for all three games. Attendance protocols will be handled by NBC Sports and the COVID-19 practices in place are a mask mandate, social distancing, temperature checks upon entry and reduced capacity.

“The more fans, the better and we love playing for our hometown fans,” Coppell senior small forward Ryan Agarwal said. “With all the talent present, the atmosphere will be great and we are super excited.”

Of the teams present, Agarwal, Wagner senior point guard Austin Nunez, McKinney junior shooting guard Ja’Kobe Walter, Vertical Academy junior guard Mikey Williams, Link Academy senior small forward Jordan Walsh, Link Academy junior power forward Omaha Biliew and Donda Academy junior point guard Robert Dillingham will feature as the top prospects at the event. 

“[Gold Level Sports & Entertainment] is willing to bring those types of teams and players to play at our venue and against us; it’s definitely an honor that we put our program in this position,” Schnell said. “It’s going to be awesome [to play in this showcase]. It’s going to be our hometown crowd with our students, our parents and the Coppell [community] being there but it’s [also] going to be people who love high school basketball. It’s going to be a hot ticket that people are going to want, the atmosphere is going to be electric. It should be plenty of fun and [an exciting] way to start our season.”

Follow Meer (@mahfuz_meer) and @SidekickSports on Twitter.