Sports Replay: Coppell blooms through the week

Sally Parampottil

Coppell seniors designated player Adelyn Wilson, second baseman Laura Boylan, first baseman Michaella Baker, third baseman Reagan Stange, right fielder Sydney Ingle, catcher Dafne Mercado and center fielder Anabelle Sigman are honored for Senior Night at the Coppell ISD Baseball/Softball Complex Tuesday night. Coppell defeated Plano East, 11-1.

Kyah Jones

Kyah Jones, Photographer

The Coppell baseball team lost 3-2 against Richardson Pearce on April 10. Without runs until the top of the fifth by Pearce, this game was a little different as both teams struggled to take a competitive edge.

The Cowboys, led by Coppell pitcher Chayton Krauss’s home run and four runs in the first inning, crushed Lewisville spirits and emerged victorious, 7-0, on April 13 at the Coppell ISD Baseball/Softball Complex. Krauss pitched six innings, and senior pitcher Tim Malone closed out the seventh. 

The Coppell softball team rolled to an 11-1 victory against Plano East on April 13 for Senior Night at the Coppell ISD Baseball/Softball Complex. Coppell was down by one at the top of the second inning, but after junior outfielder Elle Belle Zimmerman stole home, the team gained a lead and maintained it for the rest of the game. Following Zimmerman’s lead, Coppell senior third baseman Reagan Stange hit an RBI double in the bottom of the third, pushing the gap between Coppell and Plano East to two runs. Coppell then hit two RBI doubles and singles and an RBI triple, bringing the score to 9-1 towards the bottom of the fifth. The game closed out with an infield home run from Coppell senior designated player Adeyln Wilson, driving the score to 11-1, with Coppell winning on mercy rule. 

At the Class 6A 5-6 Area Track Meet, the Cowgirls placed second while the Cowboys placed fifth on April 15. Coppell senior runner Evan Caswell won the area title in the 3,200-meter with a time of 9:29.01. Also on the boys side, Coppell advanced its 4×400 and 4×200 relays. The girls advanced its 4×400-meter relay team. Coppell sophomore Sky Schuller qualified in five events: high jump, pole vault, long jump, 100-meter hurdles and 300-meter hurdles.