Red and Black on Deck: 3/22 – 3/28

Samantha Freeman

Red and Black on Deck is a Sidekick series detailing the next seven days of Coppell varsity sports. It will be posted every Monday for the rest of the 2020-21 school year.

Anjali Krishna, Sports Editor

Both boys and girls soccer head to District 6-6A playoffs against Prosper on Friday, with the girls at McKinney ISD Stadium and boys at Denton High School. Both matches begin at 7:30 p.m. Last night at Buddy Echols Field, the Cowgirls secured a playoff spot with a 1-0 win against Plano West.

Tonight at the CISD Baseball Complex, baseball hosts Plano West at 7:30 p.m. On Friday, the Cowboys travel to play Plano West at 7:30 p.m.

Tomorrow, wrestling travels to Grapevine High School to compete in the Grapevine and JJ Pearce Tri Match. Boys matches begin at 5 p.m., and girls begin at 6 p.m. On Friday, girls wrestling hosts the Rockwall and Lubbock Tri at 6 p.m. Boys wrestling travels to Frisco Heritage High School to compete in the Frisco Heritage Quad. Matches began at 9 a.m.

Boys golf travels to The Tribute Golf Club in The Colony for the pre-district practice round on Thursday, with tee-time at 8 a.m. Yesterday, girls golf competed in the District 6-6A Championships and continue today at The Tribute Golf Club.

Track and field travels to Trinity High School to compete at the Trinity Relays at 2 p.m. On Saturday, the Cowgirls travel to the University of Texas at Austin to compete in the Texas Relays at 8 a.m.

Tennis travels to Lebanon Trail High School to compete in the Lebanon Trail Tournament. Matches begin at 8 a.m.

Softball hosts Flower Mound on Friday at 7:30 p.m. and Plano Senior on Saturday at 1 p.m. at the CISD Softball Complex. 

Follow Anjali (@anjalikrishna) and @SidekickSports on Twitter.