CHS theater to broadcast performances for annual senior showcase

The+Cowboy+Theatre+company+will+be+hosting+its+annual+senior+showcase+tomorrow+at+7+p.m.+Though+the+event+is+guest+list+only%2C+it+can+be+viewed+live+on+CHS+Theatre%E2%80%99s+Vimeo+channel.+

Photo courtesy Karen Ruth

The Cowboy Theatre company will be hosting its annual senior showcase tomorrow at 7 p.m. Though the event is guest list only, it can be viewed live on CHS Theatre’s Vimeo channel.

Sreeja Mudumby, Communications Manager

On Friday, the Cowboy Theatre Company is hosting its annual spring senior showcase, a production including all seniors in Coppell High School theater performing monologues and acts. The event begins at 7 p.m.

“I’m excited for getting the audience to enjoy our senior showcase,” Coppell High School senior Raphael Park said. “We all worked so hard for it and we have been writing our monologues and we have been filming for quite a while.”

Taking place at the Coppell Arts Center, this event is guest list only due to COVID-19. However, the showcase will also be broadcast live free of charge on the CHS Theater Vimeo channel, which will be linked tomorrow. 

Masks are required and temperatures will be taken before entering the arts center to ensure all safety precautions are taken for the safety of attendees. 

“It’s exciting but bittersweet at the same time because you know it’s already our last semester and we get to share our experiences with our past when we were freshmen, sophomores or juniors,” Park said. 

The showcase is rated PG-13 as some content not suited for younger children. 

Follow @sreejamudumby and @CHSCampusNews on Twitter