Red and Black on Deck: 2/22-2/28

Red+and+Black+on+Deck+is+a+Sidekick+series+detailing+the+next+seven+days+of+Coppell+varsity+sports.+It+will+be+posted+every+Monday+for+the+rest+of+the+2020-21+school+year.+

Samantha Freeman

Red and Black on Deck is a Sidekick series detailing the next seven days of Coppell varsity sports. It will be posted every Monday for the rest of the 2020-21 school year.

Meer Mahfuz, Co-Sports Editor

After canceling its last three matches due to inclement weather, boys soccer ends the first round of its District 6-6A and begins the second round of district play by traveling to Plano East tonight, Plano West tomorrow and Marcus on Friday. The Cowboys will also host Flower Mound on Thursday at Buddy Echols Field.

Girls soccer hosts Plano West tomorrow and Marcus on Friday at Buddy Echols Field. The Cowgirls also travel to Plano tonight and to Flower Mound on Thursday. All soccer matches this week begin at 7:30 p.m, except for the girls game at Plano which beings at 4:30 p.m and the girls game at Flower Mound which begins at 6 p.m.

After defeating Allen in the Class 6A bi-district playoff game on Saturday, boys basketball will play the winner of Arlington Lamar and Lake Highlands in the Class 6A area playoffs on Thursday. Time and location will be announced later this week.

Tennis hosts the Coppell Super Bowl on Friday, with play starting at 8 a.m.

Baseball travels to Allen High School at 4:30 p.m. tonight and to Prosper High School on Thursday to play Frisco Rock Hill and Frisco Wakeland at 10:30 a.m. and 1:15 p.m. respectively. The Cowboys also travel to McKinney Boyd High School to play Little Elm and McKinney Boyd on Friday at 4 p.m. and 6:45 p.m., respectively. They finish the week by returning to Prosper High School on Saturday to play Rockwall and Keller at 4 p.m. and 6:45 p.m., respectively.

Softball travels to Allen Station Park on Thursday to play Denison and Frisco Rock Hill at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. respectively. The Cowgirls also travel to Allen High School on Friday to play McKinney North and Celina at 9 a.m and 11 a.m. respectively. The Cowgirls end the week by returning to Allen Station Park on Saturday to play McKinney Boyd at 3 p.m.

Boys golf competes at the Denton Invitational at Robson Ranch Golf Club in Denton on Friday, with tee time at 8:30 a.m.

After having its first two meets canceled, track and field hosts the Coppell Relays on Saturday at 8 a.m.

Boys lacrosse hosts Plano West tonight at 7:30 p.m and Grapevine on Sunday at Lesley Field. Girls lacrosse hosts Frisco on Thursday at Coppell Middle School North at 7:30 p.m.

Any changes to the schedule due to the rescheduling will be updated on the @SidekickSports Twitter.

Follow Meer (@meer_mahfuz) and @SidekickSports on Twitter.