Red and Black on Deck: 2/8-2/14

Red+and+Black+on+Deck+is+a+Sidekick+series+detailing+the+next+seven+days+of+Coppell+varsity+sports.+It+will+be+posted+every+Monday+for+the+rest+of+the+2020-21+school+year.+

Samantha Freeman

Red and Black on Deck is a Sidekick series detailing the next seven days of Coppell varsity sports. It will be posted every Monday for the rest of the 2020-21 school year.

Meer Mahfuz, Co-Sports Editor

This week, boys soccer continues the first round of its District 6-6A campaign by hosting Lewisville at Buddy Echols Field tomorrow and traveling to Plano East on Friday. Both matches begin at 7:30 p.m. After returning from quarantine on Saturday, girls soccer travels to Lewisville at 7:30 p.m. tomorrow and to Marcus at 6 p.m. on Thursday. 

After clinching a playoff berth against Plano East last week, boys basketball is postponing its remaining District 6-6A games due to COVID-19 related reasons. The next game will be against Flower Mound in the CHS Arena on Saturday. Game times are yet to be determined.

Coppell tennis competes at the McKinney Valentine Tournament at McKinney High School on Friday and Saturday, with play starting at 8 a.m.

Softball travels to Frisco Wakeland tomorrow at 7 p.m. and to Frisco Centennial on Friday at 6 p.m. Baseball travels to Prosper today at 5 p.m. and to Birdville at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday.

Track and field travels to the Hebron Invitational on Saturday at 8 a.m.

Girls golf competes at the Regional Preview on Friday at 8 a.m. at the Tangle Ridge Golf Course in Grand Prairie.

Follow Meer (@meer_mahfuz) and @SidekickSports on Twitter.