Red and Black on Deck: 1/25-1/31

Samantha Freeman

Red and Black on Deck is a Sidekick series detailing the next seven days of Coppell varsity sports. It will be posted every Monday for the rest of the 2020-21 school year.

Meer Mahfuz, Co-Sports Editor

Both girls and boys soccer teams begin their respective District 6-6A campaigns with the Cowboys traveling to Plano on Tuesday and returning to Buddy Echols Field to face Plano West on Friday. The Cowgirls host Plano at Buddy Echols Field on Tuesday and travel to Plano West on Friday. All soccer matches this week will be at 7:30 p.m. 

Following a strong first round of District 6-6A play for boys basketball, the Cowboys host Hebron on Tuesday and Lewisville on Friday, with both games starting at 8 p.m. The Cowgirls, however, struggled early in the first round of district play but look to redeem themselves when they host Hebron on Tuesday and Lewisville on Friday, with both games starting at 6:30 p.m. All games for this week will be in the CHS Arena. 

For its first tournament of 2021, Coppell tennis will compete at the Grapevine Tournament at Grapevine High School on Friday, with play starting at 8 a.m.

Softball starts its season off by hosting Richland on Saturday at the CISD Softball Complex at 12 p.m.

After placing first in its spring season opener at the district preview tournament, girls golf will tee off at 8 a.m. in the Vanessa Close Invitational at the Bridlewood Golf Club in Flower Mound on Jan. 29-30.

Follow Meer Mahfuz (@meer_mahfuz) and @SidekickSports on Twitter.