Student-directed 12 Angry Jurors opening to audience

Coppell+High+School+Theater+presents+%E2%80%9C12+Angry+Jurors%E2%80%9D%2C+a+play+directed+by+student+director+Isabella+Enriquez%2C+in+the+CHS+Black+Box+on+Friday+and+Saturday+7%3A30+p.m.+and+Sunday+at+2%3A30+p.m.+Tickets+are+available+for+purchase+at+the+door+and+on+the+CHS+Theater+website.+

Shivi Sharma

Coppell High School Theater presents “12 Angry Jurors”, a play directed by student director Isabella Enriquez, in the CHS Black Box on Friday and Saturday 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are available for purchase at the door and on the CHS Theater website.

Shivi Sharma, CHS9 Editor

Many afternoons of rehearsal will culminate in performance when the Coppell High School theater department showcases its latest production, “12 Angry Jurors”, on Friday at 7:30 p.m., Saturday at 2:30 and 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2:30 p.m. 

The cast, led by student director Isabella Enriquez, has been preparing since Jan. 7. 

“At the beginning, we did some acting and character work where we really got to dig into our characters and figure out who we were playing,” said CHS junior Maybelle Abraham, who plays Juror 11 in the play. “We slowly blocked every single scene and every single part and we kept practicing them over and over again.”

The experience has created bonds among the cast that will last beyond the play itself. 

“My favorite part about this play has just been getting to know the cast members and being with them,” Abraham said. “I didn’t know most of them before this show and they’re really fun to hang out with and be around.”

Attendees can purchase tickets on the CHS Theater website or at the door for $5. 

Follow Shivi @_shivisharma_ on Twitter.