Camila Flores

CHS9 student Alexis Frazer was voted Student Council vice president. Frazer was chosen for the position because of her work ethic and perseverance.

Alexis Frazer

CHS9 student Alexis Frazer is the student council vice president for the 2019-20 freshman class. From her work as president in National Charity League (a female based organization in which members volunteer for various charities) and experience as a volleyball team captain for the club team Attack 14 Royal, she is prepared to lead at the ninth grade campus. 

Why did you run for a leadership position in student council?

I’ve always enjoyed leading others and it also encourages me to be a good role model for my classmates. As vice president, there’s some pressure to be a good role model and make good decisions. That influences me to set a great example for everyone else. 

What are your other interests or hobbies and how do they make you a better leader in student council?

I play volleyball [for Coppell] and I play club volleyball [Attack 14 Royal] outside of school, which is super time-consuming. Leadership in volleyball also reflects on student council because I have to be accountable for my team. I’m team captain on my volleyball team, so being on time is important. Taking accountability for my mistakes and being part of a team also helps me be a better leader in student council.

What are some goals that you want to accomplish this year in student council?

I hope for every student to have all of the freedoms we have at CHS9 currently and possibly gain more freedom. For example, during lunch, we have to clean up after ourselves or our block lunch will be revoked. Block lunch is an hour that everyone has free time to either work on homework,  be with friends, play basketball in the gym or go to the library and study. I think that the other student council officers and I should hold our classmates and ourselves accountable so that we can maintain [that] freedom. 

Why do you think it is important for CHS9 to have a student council?

CHS9 has its own staff and administrators that work here. It wouldn’t make sense for us to have the same student council as the high school. We don’t go to the high school and a lot of [CHS9 students] don’t have any interaction with the high school or any of the students there. 

Follow Victoria (@veh7936) and @CHSCampusNews on Twitter.