Colors of CHS: Art Show to illustrate student work

Tonight, the Coppell High School AP/IB art show is in the CHS commons from 6-7:30 p.m. More than 200 pieces from more than 50 artists will be on display.

Bailey Lai

Bailey Lai

Bailey Lai

Anthony Cesario, Entertainment Editor

Tonight from 6-7:30 p.m. in the Coppell High School commons, students in AP and IB art classes show off what they have been working hard on all year.

Admission is free, with food and refreshments provided.

The CHS AP/IB Senior Art Show features artwork created by students in AP Drawing, AP 3D, AP 2D and IB art classes. The art ranges from digital, photography, drawing and painting to ceramics and sculpture.

“Unlike most AP courses where students will go in and sit down for an exam, all of these AP students have been testing all year long,” CHS AP Drawing teacher Michelle Hauske said. “This is kind of a way to support the arts and see how hard they have been working all year.”

Throughout the school year, students created a portfolio with 24 bodies of work, 12 of which investigate a theme or concept of the student’s choice. Tomorrow, each student will have an individual panel displaying their best work.

CHS junior Samhita Bondada, who is in AP 2D Design, has five pieces.

“It’s really cool to see what the art program has been doing for all this time, because it’s a lot of work,” Bondada said. “I don’t think many people know that much about our art program, so being able to see the talent at our school would be really cool.”

Follow @anthonycesario_ on Twitter

Anthony Cesario, Entertainment Editor

Anthony Cesario is a junior and second-year staff writer for The Sidekick, currently serving as Entertainment Editor. When he isn’t keeping up to date...

Bailey Lai, Staff Designer

Bailey Lai is a senior and first-year staffer in The Sidekick. In her free time, she listens to music, learns new choreography and makes sure people are...