IB students ready artwork for Wales

IB students prepare artwork to be placed in portfolios. Photo by Aditi Shrikant

School’s been in for a while now, and for IB students, part of this time was spent building up to putting together their portfolios, with the technical term being, candidate record booklet or CRB.

Each of the 47 students involved in the IB program are required to put together a CRB. Every portfolio will contain 8-15 works of art that they’ve done throughout the year. After they’ve picked which pieces they’d like to go in, the students must then take a picture to put in the portfolio and write about them and the journey of creating it. Students will also place works from their sketchbooks along with the other pieces they’ve selected.

After the process of putting it together has been completed, a teacher from another school is given the portfolio to examine and will interview the students as well. This examiner will then score the portfolio and send it to Wales where it will then get its final score.

IB art teacher Miss Winters has been working with students since the beginning of the year to help students not only make art, but art that has meaning

“It’s been really interesting to watch students transition from doing the art they were used to, to actually making art that had meaning behind it,” Winters said,” I hope for the students to do well since they’ve worked hard in the year so far.”