Seniors put a cap on their high school career

Coppell+High+School+senior+Hayden+Lawrence+picks+up+his+cap+and+gown+in+the+library+classroom.+Jostens+will+be+at+the+high+school+until+5+p.m.+so+that+seniors+can+pick+up+their+graduation+orders.+

Coppell High School senior Hayden Lawrence picks up his cap and gown in the library classroom. Jostens will be at the high school until 5 p.m. so that seniors can pick up their graduation orders.

Bren Fletchner

Bren Fletchner

Bren Fletchner

Fiona Koshy, Editorial Page Editor

As the end of the school year approaches, preparations are underway for seniors to graduate.

Until 5 p.m. today, Jostens is in the library classroom where seniors can pick up their caps, gowns, tassels and anything else they may have ordered relating to graduation.

Jostens sells yearbooks, class rings, graduation gear and other products geared towards high school students. It caters to approximately 10,000 to 12,000 high school seniors across North Texas each year, making this time of year very busy.

“This is a really exciting time,” Jostens representative Chris Harper said. “It’s nearing the end of high school, [students are] changing where they’re going in life. This is kind of the signal and start of it.”

For CHS senior Callie Conner, picking up her graduation gear was bittersweet.

“It was really surreal,” Conner said. “I still feel so young, and I can’t believe that we’re graduating, but I’m really looking forward to it. I’m excited for this next adventure.”

Many seniors have been in and out of the library to pick up their items, as Harper approximates about 550 seniors have already placed orders.

As Harper puts it, tassels, rings and other mementos serve as “tangible ways to lock in memories” from high school.  

Jostens accepts cash for seniors who have not yet paid for their orders. A picture ID is required to pick up these items.

Jostens will not be taking orders at school, so for those who need to, they can do so at www.jostens.com or call 1-800-567-8367.

Follow Fiona @fionakoshy10

About the Writer
Fiona Koshy, Editorial Page Editor, Social Media Manager

Fiona is a senior and the editorial page editor and social media manager for The Sidekick. Besides writing, she loves reading, finding new music and traveling....