Cowgirls soar past Lady Cardinals

Cowgirls soar past Lady Cardinals

Coppell High School shooting guard and point guard senior Mary Luckett takes a shot from the free throw line. The Coppell varsity girls basketball team played against John Paul II on Tuesday winning the game 64-49.

Rylee Ferguson

Rylee Ferguson

Rylee Ferguson

Arman Merchant, Staff Writer

The Coppell Cowgirls  defeated the John Paul II Lady Cardinals, 63-49, at the CHS Arena last night.

Coppell sophomore guard Jordan Nelson led the Cowgirls, who built a 31-19 halftime lead, with 12 points.

“There was plenty of plays that the girls were able to make on the court tonight,” Coppell coach Kristen Davis said. “We focused on passing the ball to help make plays on the offensive side of the ball.”

The Cowgirls (2-4) benefited from a productive shooting night. On the defensive end, the Lady Cardinals struggled to score because the Cowgirls were able to close the passing lanes..

“The girls were able to improve on defense this week, from the little things we practiced, leading up to tonight’s game,” Davis said.

The Cowgirls will take on the Grapevine Lady Mustangs on Tuesday at 6.30 p.m. in the CHS Arena.

Arman Merchant, Staff Writer

Arman Merchant is a junior and a second-year staffer on The Sidekick. He enjoys his time watching football, listening to music and walking his dog. With...

Rylee Ferguson, Staff Photographer

Rylee Ferguson is a sophomore and first year staffer on The Sidekick. In her free time, she enjoys watching movies, spending time with friends and art....