Coppell A Cappella choir to perform at UNT, seize rehearsal opportunity for upcoming convention performance

Excelling in auditions, performances and hours of rehearsal, Coppell High School A Cappella choir members hold great expectations for their department this year. On Saturday, the group will hold a concert at UNT in Denton from 3-4:30 p.m. Photo courtesy of CHS Choir Director Joshua Brown.

Kelly Wei, Staff Writer

It has been a busy season for the Coppell High School choir department. Between regional auditions, Madrigal feast performances and endless hours of rehearsal, this year’s members intend to take the department to great heights.

Now, they will be going one step further.

On Sunday, the CHS A Cappella choir travels to the University of North Texas in Denton to perform for the school.

While the audience will be able to enjoy an afternoon of music and fun, A Cappella choir members have the opportunity to utilize this concert as a form of practice for their upcoming performance in San Antonio in February at the Texas Music Educators Association Convention (TMEA), one of the most significant events of the year for the group.

“It’s a huge honor to be chosen [to sing at UNT],” junior A Cappella choir section leader Macy Johnson said. “We’re very excited.”

The concert is in Murchison Performing Arts Center from 3-4:30 p.m.

Follow Kelly @kellylinwei

About the Writer
Kelly Wei, Editor-in-Chief

Kelly Wei is a senior staffer, serving her third year as Editor-in-Chief. In her free time, you can probably find her hiding out in a boba cafe with her...