Spooky house or just spooked out?

Moxley Manor haunted house review

BEDFORD – Happy Halloween! If you do not already have plans try going to a haunted house before it is too late. In Dallas-Fort Worth alone, there are several haunted houses, making it difficult to decide which to attend.

Many of the larger haunted house include: Cutting Edge, Moxley Mansion, Slaughter House, Dark Hour Haunted House and Theater of Carnage Haunted House.

Each haunted house has their own differences to attract guests from all over.

After looking at a few websites, I settled with Moxley Manor located in Bedford. The general admission is $23 or you have the option of purchasing a fastpass for $30. The fastpass allows for guests to enter the haunted house much faster than the general admission.

Upon arrival you can see fog machines, clowns and a man on stilts in a completely black cloak. Nerve-wracking would be considered an understatement. I was terrified before even entering the haunted house and the eerie music did not help.

After parking, I got in line to purchase a ticket. With the wait being over two hours, I decided on the fastpass.

Waiting in line was daunting; the clowns stood around gazing at the guest with their creepy makeup and attire. It took me a few minutes to realize the hearse located to my left with a sledgehammer on it.

Less than 30 minutes went by before entering the house; my legs were trembling and a rush of regret ran through my head.

Inside the employees recited a list of rules to obey. My favorite being: The actors will not touch you if you do not touch them. However, it only took a few minutes before the actors were breaking their own rules.

Each room was even more horrifying than the one previous; actors stood in the dark waiting for the next guest to approach before jumping out at them.

The scariest part was most definitely the end.

As I was walking to the next room, a man peeked his head around the corner, lifting up his index finger motioning for me to follow. I entered the next room, when suddenly he lifted up a chainsaw and started slashing the air.

Although it did not have a blade attached, the noise was scary enough – making it have the same effect as if the blade was there.

Overall, the haunted house was terrifying. A few rooms were not as bad as I was expecting but the others were.

If you are looking for a scary place to go, I would definitely suggest this haunted house. Make sure you bring a group of friends so you do not go alone. Hurry, the last day to attend is Oct. 31.

Follow @RileyShea16