Ukes are back in town

By Madison Ford

Entertainment Editor

Following an elongated hiatus, the Ukulele Club is returning to Coppell High School this week. Starting Wednesday, November 2, those who play the fun-sized instrument with the uplifting sound will gather together to learn new ukulele songs and share their love of the instrument.

The Ukulele Club, founded by senior and ukulele-pro Miles Pitman in 2010,  has grown both in content and membership since its early days. Many have even taken up the instrument with the club as an inspiration. Club meetings often include learning new ukulele chords, strum patterns, and songs. Various other instruments occasionally make an appearance at the club, from bongos to the tambourine.

As one of the most low-key clubs at the high school, the Ukulele Club often changes its location and agenda depending on the weather (quite literally, as the club often meets outside) and the members’ mood. New participants are always welcome and whether one attends every meeting, or only makes it to the club on sporadic occasions, he or she is sure to learn something about the art of playing the ukulele.