Mac distrust

I am a PC. There is no denying it. I love the simplicity of a PC, I have been raised on PC. But I am now faced with the challenge of learning to use a Mac, which is a challenge that I have long been avoiding. My inherent distrust of Macs does not stem from ignorant assumptions, because I have worked with Macs before. I simply do not understand them. I think that you should be able to just get on a computer and use it, rather than having to read an instruction manual before figuring out how to access your personal files. With Macs, this seems to be the case.

The Sidekick has recently replaced all of its PCs with MAcs, and as much as I have tried to boycott the device, I must submit to Mac-dom. It has been slow going so far, I will be honest. The simplest actions on a PC are different on a Mac. However, there is some motivation in understanding the ins and outs of a Macintosh. Mac computers are known to be the best for editing videos and other forms of media, and in a world where artistic expression through media is ever burgeoning, I look forward to better understanding this aspect of Mac computers.

I cannot predict if a day will come when I change sides. I do not think it will happen, but the learning process is still early. However, I am a strong believer that just because something is popular does not necessarily mean it is the best product, or has the best performance. I think such is the case with Macs and PCs. Everyone seems to like the Mac because it is sleek and stylish and young and modern. At the end of the day though, the computer I turn to is a PC, because that my friends, has substance.