Rally falls short in thrilling season finale

Eirene Park
Coppell senior opposite hitter Alena Truong blocks against Plano on Tuesday at CHS Arena. The Cowgirls lost to the Wildcats, 11-25, 25-19, 22-25, 25-22, 15-7, for its last regular season match.

Though Coppell put up a strong fight, the Cowgirls fell to Plano, 11-25, 25-19, 22-25, 25-22, 15-7, on Tuesday at CHS Arena. The loss ends Coppell’s season. The Cowgirls finish the year (6-8 in district 6-6A.

“Even though it didn’t end the way we wanted to, this was a game we played the most as a team and we really put as much effort and everything we had on the court and like never once did we give up or start shutting down,” Coppell senior setter/opposite hitter Mira Klem said. “We were always there for each other and did everything in our power to do as best as we could.”

Coppell started the game with eight consecutive points and taking the first set, but as the match progressed the Wildcats were able to take control.

According to senior outside hitter Daki Kahungu, consistency was key throughout the match and would have helped the Cowgirls walk away with a victory. 

With their season coming to a close, the Cowgirls now direct their efforts towards the offseason. 

Follow Greeshma @GreeshmaM123 and @CHSCampusNews on X.