Minori Kunte

Coppell High School sophomore Aidan Song has been elected as the 2023-24 junior student council representative. Song plans to give back and further his contributions to the student body by getting more involved.

Junior STUCO Representative: Aiden Song

Coppell High School sophomore Aiden Song has been elected as the junior student council representative for the 2023-24 school year. Song previously served as treasurer in ninth grade and as sophomore representative this year. Song was also on student council at Coppell Middle School North and is currently in the Chinese Club. Outside of school, Song participates in fencing and has been doing so for 10 years.

What are the roles of the junior representative?

This year, it’s a new position, but the whole purpose is to help wherever they might need help. I do a little bit of everything and am there when they need me.

What made you want to join student council?

Originally my brother, CHS class of 2022 graduate Dylan Song, was the treasurer for all four years, and I wanted to follow in his footsteps. I also wanted to have a community, where I could help out and I felt like STUCO was the place to do it.

What do you admire about the current leadership?

The officers are all very close with each other, and it feels like another family. Student council also provides really good opportunities whether you are leadership or not.

What is something you want to build on in the next year?

I definitely want to give back to our student body more because I feel like recently I haven’t been doing much with my position. Next year I’m looking to change that.

Is student government related to something you want to do in your future?

I want to go into business, but I definitely see how this could help me, especially with my public speaking skills. I’ll have to talk a lot and vocalize my thoughts, so it does help me in that area.

What does it mean to you to have been voted for by the student body?

It means a lot. I’m thankful for everyone who voted for me, both my friends and the people who don’t know me. It shows me how people are kind and that I should treat them with respect as well so that I can do well in my position.

Follow Nyah (@nyah_rama) and @CHSCampusNews on Twitter.