Meghna+Kulkarni

Meghna Kulkarni

I knew of Meghna before this year. She was a friend of a friend and a grade above me. It was only this year, through The Sidekick, that I finally got to know her for who she truly is. To me, Meghna isn’t just Meghna; she’s Meeg, she’s Meggy and she’s simply an incredible person.

Meghna is one of a kind. She may seem shy but she has so many captivating stories to tell you. She’ll always have something to say when things aren’t the best, and she’ll make sure that you are cared for. Her visceral reactions to things she finds weird, her ability to have no shame in asking questions that might call out people and her interest in the lives of those around her make her the shy yet outspoken person she is.  Her infectious energy is unmatched, and she has an uncanny ability to make everyone feel valued and appreciated.

It’s the little things that make Meghna, Meeg. She has this routine, coming into Sidekick each day stressed about her next class or with a 20-minute story about her previous. She uses the restroom at about the same time each day, for she is accustomed to doing her business at least once between 11 a.m. and noon. As she clicks around on Premiere Pro putting together her hot takes video, her contagious smile lights up her eyes, making even the most stressful days a little brighter.

Meghna is one of the most versatile, visual media-focused journalists I have ever met. She has made many videos back to back and has taken numerous high quality photos. She runs our social media platforms with ease and has created the brand we have today.