Shrayes+Gunna

Shrayes Gunna

I met Shrayes as a fourth grader at Mockingbird Elementary. He was a grade older than me, though the same age, and the student council historian. Just by his disposition and demeanor as a natural leader, I knew he was going places.

Fast forward eight years and here we are today. Shrayes is not only a student council officer here at Coppell High School, but also a Red Jacket,  senior class officer and The Sidekick’s student life editor.

But there’s so much more to say about Shrayes than his cornucopia of accolades. Shrayes is who I aspire to be, especially in his character. What’s so special about Shrayes is he has a purpose that he works towards. In every single piece of work he has written, you can see hints of his love for advocacy, one that has taken him all the way to Cornell University. 

Shrayes doesn’t do things for an assignment; he does things to shine a light on an issue, on a person or an opinion that must be heard. He does so with such zeal that it’s only natural for his fellow peers to want to follow in his footsteps.

The Sidekick really is lucky to have someone as special as Shrayes. As a writer, it’s not often I can say that I’m at a loss of words, but trying to describe how much Shrayes has changed this program for the better is so challenging. There’s so much to say and not enough space to say it, so I’ll leave this by just saying: thank you, Shrayes.