Manasa+Mohan

Manasa Mohan

My first interaction with Manasa was memorable for all the wrong reasons as I submitted a podcast for editing to her that included the school’s bell system overlapping an interview. That’s really all that I knew about her until this year when we were both appointed as executive leadership. 

I joined my first FaceTime call with her back in August, and in the back of my mind, all I could think about was how I was stupid enough to send her a podcast clip with a school bell blaring through the middle of it and her having to edit it out, it was so uncalled for. At the time, little did I know that Manasa Mohan would be the one who would truly guide me in all my future endeavors and aspirations.

Manasa isn’t just an amazing journalist, she is the epitome of an amazing friend. She’s not afraid to tell you when things are wrong, but she’s also the first one to congratulate you when things go well. Her work for The Sidekick is invaluable from her award-winning stories to her mastermind business plans. You’ll see her at D115 cranking away on her gray MacBook with a broken pink case chipped in every corner. 

Manasa is who we all want to be. The phenomenal journalist who has made her indelible mark in this program. The phenomenal writer who got into a prestigious college, the University of Texas at Austin, by talking about frozen yogurt in her admissions essay. And the phenomenal friend who won’t ever let you down.