Nandini Muresh

Coppell High School senior Varun Ramanathan participates in the CHS band as a trumpeter. CHS students voted on the 19 most influential seniors in the graduating class of 2023.

Varun Ramanathan: Lively

Many students are familiar with various stresses of high school that never seem to end, however everyone has a different way to cope with it. For Coppell High School senior Varun Ramanathan, that release is laughter.

Whenever someone needs cheering up or to blow off some steam, Ramanathan is the guy they turn to. 

“I like to make people have fun,” Ramanathan said. “High school is a fun time with your friends but a lot of us are also involved in a lot of activities and it can get stressful. Lightening the mood for everyone and just making sure everyone is having a good time is probably the biggest impact I’ve had on this school.”

Ramanathan has a reputation for being a vibrant presence in the community; whether it’s with one of his many jokes or just being a source of laughter for his friends, he is always there.

Ramanathan will attend the University of Texas at Austin and major in statistics and data science. Ramanathan hopes to get into sports analytics, specifically data science for a football or basketball team.

Follow Nyah (@nyah_rama) and @CHSCampusNews on Twitter