Nandini Muresh

Coppell High School senior Shrayes Gunna is the Student Council historian and Senior Class treasurer, a Red Jacket, a World Schools debater and The Sidekick’s student life editor. CHS students voted on the 19 most influential seniors in the graduating class of 2023.

Shrayes Gunna: Eloquent

In a campus of more than 3,000, it can be daunting  to voice your opinions without being drowned out. But, Coppell High School senior Shrayes Gunna posits his voice to amplify others’, particularly in the Asian American community through a concert of debate, art and writing.

“I think I have the ability to change the ways that we live and how we interact with people,” Gunna said. “That’s really gratifying and has helped me as a person to pinpoint my work and to recognize what my power and potency comes from.”

Whether on the sidelines for The Sidekick or leading a pep rally as a senior-class and student council officer, Gunna pursues advocacy and storytelling in varied ways. 

Gunna plans to spread his influence by majoring in Asian Studies on a pre-law track at Cornell University.

Follow @CHSCampusNews on Twitter