Respira puts in “whatever it takes” for upcoming show

Coppell+Respira+junior+Aditri+Tangeti+performs+%E2%80%9CLive+in+Living+Color%E2%80%9D+from+%E2%80%9CCatch+Me+If+You+Can%E2%80%9D+during+the+Respira+on+Broadway+show+on+Nov.+7%2C+2021.+Respira+will+host+its+annual+fall+dessert+show+with+the+theme+%E2%80%9CWhatever+it+Takes%E2%80%9D+on+Saturday+and+Sunday.+

Olivia Cooper

Coppell Respira junior Aditri Tangeti performs “Live in Living Color” from “Catch Me If You Can” during the Respira on Broadway show on Nov. 7, 2021. Respira will host its annual fall dessert show with the theme “Whatever it Takes” on Saturday and Sunday.

Sahasra Chakilam, Staff Photographer

With the synchronicity of its dance moves and the cadence of its melodic singing, Coppell High School Respira choir is once again ready to present its endeavors this Saturday and Sunday for its annual fall dessert show.

The show is in the CHS Auditorium on Saturday at 7 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. General admission is $15 and $10 for Coppell ISD students. Owners of the choir supporter shirt and CISD employees wearing their badges may attend for free. 

Respira is the official CHS treble show choir, made up of singing and dancing, which provides a different experience of viewing to its audience.

“[Respira] is a show choir, so there will be a lot of choreography featured in it,” CHS choir director Bona Coogle said. “[Respira] will be singing popular songs rather than traditional choral pieces.”

Every year, the show takes on a different theme to create an experience for its audience. This year, the show is “Whatever It Takes.”

The songs that are going to be performed are “Whatever It Takes” by Imagine Dragons, “Shake it Off” by Taylor Swift, “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” by Wham!, and “Livin’ on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi.

The show and its songs are set to represent effort and dedication and is inspired by musical genres that have a powerful sound. 

“When I started creating the theme around this show, I was thinking of a work theme,” CHS choir director Aaron Coronado said. “‘9 to 5’ by Dolly Parton was the first song that came to mind, so I looked up songs about effort and work.”

There will be filler acts including solos and duets performed throughout the event by Respira members, and  performances by the Coppell Middle School East and Coppell Middle School West choirs.

“I am excited to show all our hard work that we’ve been putting in for the last few months for the show,” CHS Respira sophomore Monica Tupurani said. “The audience should be excited because we are doing amazing, fun songs.”

Follow Sahasra (@sahasrachak24) and @CHSCampusNews on Twitter.