Band competing in Bands of America Dallas/Fort Worth Championship

Angelina Liu

Coppell High School Color Guard rehearses a full run of “Archetype”, the 2022-23 marching show. CHS Band will travel to Pennington Field to compete at the Bands of America Dallas/Fort Worth Championship today.

Angelina Liu, Executive Editor-in-Chief

The resonating tune of trumpet, mellophone, trombone, baritone and tuba blend together in one composed formation as the Coppell High School band plays its 2022-23 marching show “Archetype.” 

Coppell High School Band rehearses a full run of “Archetype”, the 2022-23 marching show. CHS band will travel to Pennington Field to compete at the Bands of America Dallas/Fort Worth Championship today. (Angelina Liu)

On Saturday, CHS Band travels to Pennington Field in Bedford Texas to compete in the Bands of America Dallas/Fort Worth Championship. 

“There’s something so powerful about the art of performance, when you get to show the production that you’ve been putting so much time into,” Coppell senior drum major Trey Bass said. “It really means a lot to us when [people] come out.” 

The band performs at 2:45 p.m in the preliminaries. Out of 24 bands, 12 finalists are announced at 4:15 p.m and finals competition is  at 7:30 p.m. The presentation of awards is  at 10:45 p.m. 

“There’s definitely some competition that we’re ready to take on,” Bass said. “If we give our best performance, and we perform how we’ve been practicing, I feel like there’s a really good chance that we can put on a great show and get the result we want.”

Follow @angelinaliiu and @CHSCampusNews on Twitter.