Cowboy Theatre Company premieres thought-provoking online show

Photo courtesy Karen Ruth

Coppell High School senior Deionte Moore films his monologue for CHS’s winter production “All I Need to Know I learned in Kindergarten” inside Event Technology Service’s studio. The play will premier tomorrow and tickets are available for purchase for $10 on CHS Cowboy Theatre Company website.

Angelina Liu, Staff Writer

Tomorrow, the Coppell High School Cowboy Theatre Company premieres its filmed winter production online. 

Friday through Sunday, viewers can watch “All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten” for $10.

The 1 hour and 45 minute play is based off of a series of essays and poems written by Robert Fulghum. Lessons that we learn as children, such as being kind, sharing, and cleaning up our messes are often forgotten as other responsibilities become more important. This play, based off of essays that people have written about their life experiences will take a step back and help apply those concepts we learned early on to adult lives now. 

This show differs from previous theater department productions as it was filmed professionally in the indoor studio of Beacon Realty and ETS Audio Video in Coppell.  Projections were used in the background. 

“I had so much fun working on this show,” CHS head theater director Karen Ruth said. “The kids worked so hard and the acting that came out of it is excellent. It’s a really interesting show and it’s unlike anything I’ve ever done. It’ll make you laugh, it’ll make you cry, definitely cry. I cried, like, three times while watching it. It just has a wonderful message that is moving and honest and so real.”

Tickets are available for purchase for $10 on the CHS Cowboy Theatre Company website. Once purchased, tickets are valid to view the show for 24 hours. 

Follow Angelina (@angelinaliiu) and @CHSCampusNews on Twitter.