• Check out our Entertainment section for the "Best of Coppell" that you voted for!

• CHS alum Solomon Thomas drafted third last night by the San Fransisco 49ers.

• Principal Mike Jasso will leave CISD at the end of the 2016-17 school year. Follow @CHSCampusNews and check CSM for updates.

Coppell Hockey dominates Plano West on their own turf

The Coppell Cowboys Varsity Hockey team celebrates after the second goal is scored Thursday night against Plano West at the Dr. Pepper Starcenter in Plano. The Cowboys won 4-2.

Megan Winkle

Megan Winkle

Coppell High School sophomore Trey Everson steals the puck away from the Plano West player Thursday night at the Dr. Pepper Dallas Starcenter in Plano. The Coppell Cowboys played the Plano West Wolves and won 4-2.

Megan Winkle

Coppell High School junior Charlie O’Hearn steals the puck away from the Plano West player Thursday night at the Dr. Pepper Dallas Starcenter in Plano. The Coppell Cowboys played the Plano West Wolves and won 4-2.

Megan Winkle

Coppell High School junior Parker Noell waits for the referee to call the play. Coppell won 4-2 against Plano West at the Dr.Pepper Starcenter in Plan

Megan Winkle

Coppell High School sophomore Adam Singer reaches for the puck during the Thursday night game against Plano West at the Dr. Pepper Starcenter in Plano. Cowboys won 4-2.

Megan Winkle

Coppell High School junior Jake Sharrer skates across the ice defending Plano West players at the Dr.Pepper Starcenter in Plano. Cowboys beat the Wolves 4-2 Thursday night.

Megan Winkle

Coppell High School junior Jake Sharrer gains control of the puck and heads down the ice Thursday night at the Dr. Pepper Starcenter in Plano. The Coppell Cowboys played the Plano West Wolves and won 4-2.

Megan Winkle

Coppell High School junior Ryan Scheetz waits for the puck on offence Thursday night. Coppell won 4-2 against Plano West at the Dr.Pepper Starcenter in Plano.

Megan Winkle