• August 29School will be out on Monday, Sept. 5, in observance of the Labor Day holiday

• June 23Open House will be held on Monday from 6:30 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. at CHS

DECA popcorn sales approaching its end

As the winter break quickly approaches, students are being given their last chance this year to purchase the popular flavored popcorn sold by DECA students. This friday, Dec. 18, is officially the last day that popcorn will be sold.

The popcorn has become a staple for winter time at Coppell High School. Every year in between the Thanksgiving and winter breaks, students have sold the corn with all proceeds going to DECA in order to raise money for competition season.

Popcorn flavors include chocolate, caramel, cheddar, white cheddar, salsa, and vanilla, typically the best seller. As the end of the week nears, select flavors will be running low due to demand, and more popcorn will likely not be ordered until this time next school year.

Popcorn sells for two dollars per bag or three dollars for two bags. Students in DECA are eager to sell as much popcorn as possible, as the top seller in DECA classes will receive $75 for their efforts.

You can buy popcorn from any DECA student or directly from the DECA instructor, Brandi Leblanc. Make sure to buy as much as you can, as this is your last chance to satisfy your popcorn craving until November 2010.

2 Comments

DECA popcorn sales approaching its end