Coppell+High+School+senior+Prayaag+Gupta+visits+Tower+Bridge+in+London+on+July+5.+Gupta+was+named+as+the+valedictorian+of+the+class+of+2020+and+plans+to+attend+the+University+of+Texas+at+Austin+alongside+CHS+senior+salutatorian+Het+Desai.+

Photo courtesy Prayaag Gupta

Coppell High School senior Prayaag Gupta visits Tower Bridge in London on July 5. Gupta was named as the valedictorian of the class of 2020 and plans to attend the University of Texas at Austin alongside CHS senior salutatorian Het Desai.

Prayaag Gupta

Coppell High School senior Prayaag Gupta is the class of 2020 valedictorian. Gupta will attend the University of Texas at Austin for the Computer Science and Business Honors (Texas CSB) program, alongside a friend he’s known since the start of middle school, CHS senior and salutatorian Het Desai. 

How many hours a day do you spend studying? 

If you’re efficient with your time, you can cut down on the amount of studying you’re doing a night. If you sincerely pay attention in your classes, you shouldn’t be doing more than a couple hours of work a day. 

What advice do you have for underclassmen?

Work hard and play hard. When you’re having fun with your friends, don’t worry about school or anything else – just be in the moment and enjoy. However, when you’re doing your work, put 100% of your attention into that, knock it out, then go do something else. 

What career do you plan to pursue?

I wanted to keep my career options pretty open which is why I found the CSB program at UT Austin very appealing. I can go into anything from computer science jobs (such as software engineering, machine learning or artificial intelligence), or business side jobs such as investment banking and private equity. What seems the most appealing, however, is an intersection of the two, such as quantitative finance or managerial positions at tech companies.

Follow Tracy (@AnhImtracy) and @CHSCampusNews on Twitter.