Minori Kunte

Coppell High School junior Tali Colclasure has been elected as the 2023-24 Student Council historian. Colclasure plans to be the voice of the student body and put all of the student body’s ideas and thoughts into the next year.

Historian: Tali Colclasure

Coppell High School junior Tali Colclasure was elected student council historian for the 2023-24 school year. Colclasure has a long history of leadership having been cheerleading captain of her junior varsity team during her freshman and sophomore years, as well as captain of her volleyball team for the past four years. This will be Colclasure’s first leadership role in student council since she joined in her sophomore year.

What are the roles of the historian?

My job is to help with anything any other position needs and kind of be in the background. I also make a scrapbook of all the events that we do this year and the things that we help out with.

What about student council interests you?

My favorite thing is being behind the scenes of everything that you see going on, especially in the class. We do all the signs that you see on the walls, and now we are helping plan homecoming next year. We also do a lot of community service, we just went to Operation Kindness last week and gave them all the stuff from the Kibble contest. I love being involved and being a part of all of it.

Is student council related to something you want to do in your future?

It’s not related but it’s something I have a lot of passion for. I love being involved in our school which kind of goes along with cheerleading because we are involved in our school. That’s something I’m passionate about but not something I wouldn’t pursue in the future.

What do you admire about the current leadership?

I really love the involvement of everyone and I love how all the officers are super passionate about being involved and passionate about what they do. They are really immersed in Coppell and they plan a lot for the students here.

How do you want to build on that in the coming year?

I want to continue to be involved and be a part of everything we do, especially in the class. I want to grow in that and be the voice of the student body and put all of our ideas and thoughts into action this year.

Do you feel like student council has helped you grow as a person?

Definitely. It has taught me the importance and the value of getting involved and that is something that I’ve been wanting to do. I want to get all these students involved in all the dress up days and homecoming and everything that we do.

Follow Nyah (@nyah_rama) and @CHSCampusNews on Twitter.