Olivia+Short

Olivia Short

I first met Olvia in my freshman year English class, which I could probably characterize as a class with a lot of kids who had no actual intention of paying attention to how to write a poem or a short story. Olivia, on the other hand, always had an admiration for writing. Although that was before our extended pandemic spring break, I find that her dedication to telling stories never left, having only grown exponentially since then. 

Olivia has done an incredible job of handling coverage of sports across the board, whether it be the absolutely freezing final football playoff game or the last minute lacrosse coverage. If coverage was needed, she’d be the one to step up. Nevertheless, not only can she tell a story, she can capture one too. 

Football, basketball, soccer, you name it, Olivia was there capturing photos of the action firsthand. It truly wouldn’t have been possible to cover our expansive sports programs without Olivia’s dedication to The Sidekick. Through missed deadlines and dropped coverage she would make it work no matter what. 

She’s truly outgoing and I’ve always appreciated that, even as I sat in D115 junior year, hermiting at my computer, she never failed to say hello when stopping by.  A small notion to some, but one which I largely valued.

Olivia isn’t just a devoted journalist, she’s a great friend. Some of the best times I’ve had this year have been with her, neck and neck chess games, legendary concerts and two stepping with strangers. When I decided that I really wanted my senior year to be one to remember, Olivia helped that be possible. So, thank you for not just your hard work in the program, but the fun we had outside of it.