Coppell+High+School+senior+Abiral+Gnyawali+is++ranked+five+in+the+graduating+class+of+2023.+Gnyawali+plans+on+attending+the+University+of+Texas+at+Austin%2C+majoring+in+Neuroscience.+

Coppell High School senior Abiral Gnyawali is ranked five in the graduating class of 2023. Gnyawali plans on attending the University of Texas at Austin, majoring in Neuroscience.

Abiral Gnyawali

What does it mean to you to be in the top 10? 

It means a lot because I worked hard throughout high school. To see that my hard work paid off and I was able to earn a spot shows that all the effort I put in actually means something. I reaped the fruits of my hard work. 

What is something you wish you could tell your freshman self? 

I would tell myself to not focus purely on academics because I put a lot of stress on academics. I should spend more time doing things that I actually like.  

What is your most memorable part of high school? 

It was last year when I had my band audition in May. On the last day of school, I found out my audition results. I found out that I was in the first band. This meant so much to me because I spent a lot of time working towards that.

What are your thoughts on the current education system? 

It’s pretty good, but I feel like it should be more based on real life situations and how you can apply what you learn to the real world. Right now, it is mostly theoretical based. There’s some practical applications and it’s good, but if you apply what you learn in the real world, you’ll be able to get a better grasp over the stuff you learn.

What are your goals for the future? 

I want to get a medical degree in the future. My hard work will help me build a strong academic foundation, from which I can strive towards my goals. 

What is your secret to success? 

Working hard and putting effort into what I’m doing. That’s the case for everything, not just academics. If it’s choir, band, sports or anything in life, if you put effort towards it consistently, then you’ll reach your goals, that’s what I did. I put effort into each and every one of  my classes and that’s why I was able to do so good.

What was the hardest lesson you had to learn during high school?

Things don’t come your way. You have to work for it. I did have some failures in high school, and it taught me that not everything is going to come your way in life. You have to work towards everything. 

What was your motivation throughout high school?

I kept seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I saw what I could achieve if I consistently put hard work into whatever I was doing. The end destination of what I could achieve is what kept me going.

How much effort did you put into studying after school?

Freshman and sophomore year, I didn’t do too much because it wasn’t too difficult, but junior year, I took a lot of difficult classes, so I spent around four to five hours a day. 

What’s your advice for younger students?

Academics isn’t everything. Obviously, work hard to be the best you can, but you should also put your effort into whatever else you like doing such as an extracurricular, a hobby or a passion. High school is really the time when you’re about to become an adult, so you should focus on developing what you would like to do and your passions and hobbies. Spend time studying and working on academics, but at the same time, on the side, work towards finding your hobbies. 

Follow @CHSCampusNews on Twitter.