Coppell High School Student Council sophomore representative Nathan Rusch was elected in October. Rusch hopes to bring together the sophomores in his time on student council through talking to the sophomores.

Nyah Rama

Nathan Rusch

Why did you want to be on the student council?

It would be a good opportunity for me to have an impact in my school and be a more effective member of Coppell. I’ve been on the student council in the past; I was president in seventh grade.

How did you campaign for the role?

I had to campaign, so I created posters and gave out buttons. Most importantly, I tried to be positive towards as many people as possible.

What would you like to accomplish in your new role?

I would like to be able to have people know who I am in further years, so that whatever I do really matters and I know whatever choices I make can affect this school. I want my opinion to represent the will of the student body. I would definitely run for more leadership next year and senior year.

What are you hoping to gain from this experience?

I’m hoping that I gain knowledge and experience of leadership so that later in life I’ll be able to confidently say that I know what a real leader is and how to effectively lead people.

Where are you hoping this experience will take you in your future within high school and even into college and your career? 

I hope I can be student council president my senior year. Mainly, I hope that I’ll be able to develop skills so that whenever I’m in the workplace or when I’ve created my own business or my own venture, I’ll be able to be that leader that a group may need and that I’ll be able to have those skills I need for networking. I also want these skills so that if I ever got into politics or anything of that nature, I’ll have had this experience before.