Virtual College Fair providing opportunities to understand college process

Due+to+COVID-19%2C+Coppell+High+School+students+will+be+attending+virtual+college+fair+this+year.+The+event+is+from+6-8+p.m.+tonight+on+the+Texas+Association+of+Collegiate+Registrars+and+Admissions+Officers+%28TACRAO%29+website.+

Samantha Freeman

Due to COVID-19, Coppell High School students will be attending virtual college fair this year. The event is from 6-8 p.m. tonight on the Texas Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (TACRAO) website.

Tracy Tran, Photo Assignment Editor

From 6 to 8 p.m. today, Coppell High School will hold a Virtual College Fair, allowing students to converse with college representatives and admissions counselors regarding student life, admissions and applications of particular schools.

This year, the College Fair will be hosted on the Texas Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (TACRAO) website. Students will need to register for sessions prior to the event. For more instructions on how to register, CHS counselor Ann Cinelli sent out an email including the guiding video.

“I decided to join it because my senior year is about to come up,” CHS junior Jasmine Durrant said. “I would be interested in colleges to see where I want to go, to look for more information and different things like that, just to get used to the environment and get myself prepared for when senior year comes.”

With more than 100 colleges from different U.S. regions, students can get information about colleges by attending the event without having to go on college campus tours.

Follow Tracy (@AnhImtracy) and @CHSCampusNews on Twitter.