How seniors/those moving from CISD are going to return items amid the COVID-19 pandemic

Students+will+have+the+opportunity+to+return+items+belonging+to+Coppell+High+School+on+May+21-22.+Items+include+iPads%2C+textbooks%2C+and+library+books.+

Shriya Vanparia

Students will have the opportunity to return items belonging to Coppell High School on May 21-22. Items include iPads, textbooks, and library books.

Nanette Pottoore, Staff Writer

As the school year is coming to an end and with students off campus due to the COVID-19 pandemic, students are left wondering what to do with items that belong to Coppell High School.  

[The school] is putting together a schedule, and [CHS Principal Laura Springer] will be sending that out to students and families.” CHS assistant principal Aylor Rix said.

Rix is coordinating the return of all items that need to be returned by seniors to the district with CHS assistant principal Chris Gollner. 

Items include iPads, library books, textbooks and more. 

The drop off will be held on May 21-22. Items will be collected in the back parking lot between the field house/bus loop. There will be two drive through lanes to collect such items. 

Students should arrive with a visible sheet of paper on their dashboard with their full name and ID number. 

On May 21, seniors will have the opportunity to return iPads, textbooks, and library books from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. Sophomores and freshman will follow and return textbooks and library books from 1-4p.m. 

Juniors will be able to drop off textbooks and library books on May 22 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.

Students returning the following academic year will be able to keep their technology during the summer. Those not returning to CHS will need to turn in all items belonging to CHS during the assigned date and time. 

Those unable to attend the scheduled meeting could drop off at another time slot with the same alphabet order. Items not returned will be held and could result in the holding of the following schedule not being released, or diploma/transcript withheld. 

“The campus is sending a form out to families who indicated they will not be returning,” executive director of technology Stephen McGilvray said.They can choose a time to drop off any technology items.”

The process will be the same across all campuses for any students, not seniors, withdrawing. 

“This way we can centrally collect the devices and prep them for enrollment at the beginning of the school year,” McGilvray said. 

Round-Up yearbooks will also be handed out to those that ordered during the assigned time slot and date. 

A more detailed schedule was emailed to students and parents by Principal Laura Springer.

Follow Nanette Pottoore (@nanettepottore) and @CHSCampusNews on Twitter.