Camila Flores

CHS9 student Ji Wang Lee was voted Student Council secretary. Lee hopes to make changes to his school motivating learners and improving the learning opportunities.

Ji Wang Lee

Ji Wang Lee is the CHS9 Student Council secretary, and his new high school life is not hindering him from doing his job. For the 2019-20 school year, Lee is focused on communication, and he is already coming up with ideas for the changes he would like to see on campus.

How is your role different from other student council members?

My role as a secretary differs in the fact that I am not as vocal or direct to the student body-a role reserved for our president-though I feel I still have the same influence and say in certain decisions for our school as the other leaders.

What should the relationship look like between StuCo and the administration?

I feel the relationship between the administration and StuCo should be both understanding and cooperative. Certain decisions made by each party could affect the other, and both must be willing to settle differences and come to compromises. Because the administration has much more power when it comes to affecting the actual facilities and rules in our school, it can be frustrating when compromises aren’t made in our favor. This power can also help us to carry out certain decisions and plans for action that would go past our own ability.

How do you balance a new high school life with your role on the StuCo?

It’s definitely a large step up from middle school, though I don’t feel it’s too difficult to balance high school life with StuCo. Our sponsors and administration have been extremely understanding of our situations.

What do you hope to accomplish in your position?

I would like to possibly see out certain rule changes when it comes to passing periods on our campus, though my overall goal for my time in our student council is to help better our campus and city as a whole for future generations of Coppell.

Do you have time to do things other than being a secretary of StuCo?

I’ve definitely found time to do other things outside of my obligations to StuCo. I have plenty of time to finish my school work, and I’m part of the football team for our school and have involvement in various clubs.

Follow Joanne (@joannekkim) and @CHSCampusNews on Twitter.