Project Graduation to host annual Holiday House

Anvitha Reddy, Staff Writer

Attendees browse vendors’ booths at the 2015 Coppell High School Holiday House. This year’s Holiday House is Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and will include more than 100 local vendors.

Between the handmade wreaths sold at Swoozie’s, The Amazing Dip Company’s world-renowned cheese dip and the tornado protection safety beds, Coppell’s Holiday House is the intersection of all things handcrafted and hand designed. This Sunday, the Holiday House opens from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. with a vast selection of goods from more than 100 vendors, all made by the community. 

This year’s Holiday House marks the 24th annual fundraiser. Proceeds from this event support Project Graduation, a special party held for seniors each year the night of their graduation. 

This event has kicked off the holiday shopping for many individuals from the Coppell community. 

“It brings together our community,” event coordinator Cathy O’Toole said. “It’s just a good way to support our kids.” 

O’Toole and other members of the committee started organizing the vendors, food trucks and other activities for the community

In addition to the local businesses selling goods, the event also has a raffle. Each ticket costs $5, and the prize is one of 60 gifts donated by the vendors. 

As the event takes place at CHS, Coppell’s theater department will perform “Newsies” at 2:30 p.m. In order to support the program, Holiday House tickets are at a discount for those with tickets to the play. 

“The vendors coming are selling a variety of things,” O’Toole said. “I really think there is something for everyone.”

Follow Anvitha Reddy (anvithareddytx) and @CHSCampusNews on Twitter.