Cowgirls take on Tigers in second season faceoff

Tracy Tran

Coppell sophomore defensive specialist Beca Centeno dives in a match against Hebron in the CHS Arena on Oct. 4. The Cowgirls face Irving tonight in the CHS Arena at 6:30 p.m.

Anjali Krishna, Staff Writer

The Cowgirls volleyball team faces Irving for the second time this season in District 6-6A play tonight at 6:30 p.m. in the Coppell High School Arena.

After a resounding win and a bittersweet Senior Night against Irving MacArthur on Tuesday in the CHS Arena, Coppell retains its fourth place spot in the district, which currently gives it a spot in the playoffs. The 3-0 win put its District 6-6A record at 7-4 and overall record at 23-16.

Irving’s 0-11 record in District 6-6A and Coppell’s previous 3-0 (25-4, 25-7, 25-4) win on Oct. 1 gives the team faith it will be able to secure a win. Coppell hopes to work on some new things and gain confidence for next week’s match against Hebron during Friday’s match.

“The game against Irving is more of a game to focus on us and work on ourselves as a team,” Coppell senior setter Kinsey Bailey said. 

Coppell aims to keep its energy consistent and execute well.

“We’re doing a great job of playing consistently, we’re playing at a high level and we’re good at knowing what the other team is doing, their tendencies, and that helps us play better,” Bailey said. “We’re going to keep going how we are and keep working on what we’ve been doing.”

Follow Anjali (@anjalikrishna_) and @SidekickSports on Twitter.