Rangers sour great performance in loss 3-1

By Andy Tabor

The Texas Rangers once again ripped the hearts out of approximately 14,000 fans Thursday as the team dropped their last of a three game opening week series to the Toronto Blue Jays 3-1.  The team was only able to secure one win, which came opening day.

The Rangers had an outstanding performance from pitcher and ex-closer C.J. Wilson who struck out nine batters over seven innings and was very efficient getting in and out of several jams with runners on base.  The Rangers bats however were not as productive as their pitcher.

The Rangers did not score a run until the bottom of the seventh inning when pitcher Ricky Romero threw a past ball resulting in a run scored by left fielder David Murphy giving the Rangers the first run, lead, and overall score for either of the offensively challenged clubs.

The Rangers closer Frank Francisco entered the game as the closer in the top of the ninth inning and promptly gave up a homer to Blue Jay outfielder Vernon Wells and struggled mightily while giving up that home run, a triple, double, and RBI single that gave the Jays a third run in the top of the ninth.

The Rangers had a great game pitching before the ninth but in the end they couldn’t close the deal. 

The Rangers play the Seattle Mariners at 7:05 PM Friday night.

To see more click here