Song of the Week: “All My Favorite People” – Maren Morris, Brothers Osborne

Anthony Cesario, Entertainment Editor

Born in Arlington and a 2010 University of North Texas graduate, Maren Morris has been serving some Texas-sized anthems criminally under recognized by the public. Her 2016 album Hero – featuring hits such as “My Church,” “‘80s Mercedes, “Rich” and “I Could Use A Love Song” – blurs the lines between country and pop and sports clever songwriting, comparable to artists such as Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood and Kacey Musgraves.

Although her newest album, GIRL, released March 8, can’t help but feel like a bit of a sophomore slump after the greatness of Hero, there are some serious gems on it.

One of them is “All My Favorite People”, a boot-stomping collaboration with Brothers Osborne. If you are a fan of Dolly Parton’s country classic “9 to 5”, this song is right up your alley. It is catchy, simple and feel-good, and after one or two listens, you will know the words to the chorus by heart and be singing along at the top of your lungs: “I don’t know about them, but I know about us / It is what it is and we love who we love / Not everybody gets what we’re going through / But all my favorite people do.”

Complete with a minute-long guitar solo at the end, “All My Favorite People” is downright unforgettable.