Cianna+Craig

Laura Amador-Toro

Cianna Craig

“I’ve been in Coppell’s theatre department for about a year and a half, but I’ve been in theatre class since seventh grade. I stayed in theatre for such a long time because I wanted to come out of my shell, I am very introvertive and I wanted to make more friends and be a little bit more out there for people to know that I actually can talk. What I like the most about the theatre class is probably the Fame Show, because I’ve never perform in any type of show before since in my other theatre classes we didn’t do that. I tryed tech theatre last year but I wanted to learn more things, but now I can say that I like more Fame, since here I got to learn skills I didn’t know I had. Theatre have made me a more outgoing person, I guess now I’m more open to everybody. When I first went into the Fame class I was still kind of closed off to everybody, I was like “oh I have to dance, I have to sing” I didn’t wanna do that, but I gradually got to know everybody and I understood that each one of us had different ways of doing stuffs. This year I am the lead singer for the song Hello Dolly of the Fame Show. When they told me this I was shocked, I never thought somebody would want me as the lead of any song. It was very hard for me to be the character Dolly, but I was told by Mr. Klefeker [Theatre Teacher and Director] ‘Get out your shell! Be bigger!’ and I was like ‘Okay, I’ll try to be bigger’ so I did. Now I feel a lot more confident and hopefully I’d do good in the Show.”